Current Parents and Guardians
Welcome to Girard College's parent community!
We at Girard know that you have made a sometimes difficult and always life-changing decision to enroll your son or daughter at this unique institution. We recognize your commitment to your child's future, your strong belief in the value of an excellent education, and your willingness to make sacrifices. We applaud you!
It is our goal to create and maintain a longterm and positive relationship with our families for the betterment of our school and our students. Please look through this section of our Web site and take advantage of the opportunities offered to you. Don't miss the information about the Family Association (link on the left) of which you are already a member.
Parents Working With Schools/Schools Working With Parents
At Girard College, we believe in the concept of shared responsibility. Faculty, staff, parents and guardians must work together to ensure the best possible future for our students.
In June 2013, we insituted the School-Family "compact" and asked all returning parents to sign this agreement that explains our mutual obligations.
In addition, we require parents/guardians to attend meetings during the school year. Four have been scheduled so far and are on our school calendar. At these meetings, we will collectively map out the successful paths that we want all of our children to follow. Additionally, we hold meetings for those parents who will benefit from our guidance in the process of transitioning their students to another school, where applicable.
- September 22, 2013 - All-Parent Meeting Lower School auditorium 6:00 p.m.
- October 14, 2013 - Transition Planning / Resource Night US Library 6:00 p.m.
- November 3, 2013 - Transition Planning / Resource Night US Library 6:00 p.m.
- November 24, 2013 - All-Parent Meeting Lower School auditorium 6:00 p.m.
- February 18, 2014 - All-Parent Meeting Lower School auditorium 6:00 p.m
- March 16, 2014 - All-Parent Meeting Lower School auditorium 6:00 p.m
What is a School-Family Compact?
A School-Family Compact is an agreement that explains how parents, guardians, teachers, RAs and school staff will work together to make sure that:
- we understand our joint responsibility;
- we nurture effective partnerships;
- we support the needs of our students;
- we create safe, happy, challenging environments;
- our students to reach high and achieve success.
- we fulfill our school’s mission
Returning parents received a School-Family Compact at meetings in June.
New parents received a School-Family Compact at the "new parent" meeting on August 28.
You may download a compact below.
For Parents/Guardians of Students in Grades 1-3
For Parents/Guardians of Students in Grades 4-6
For Parents/Guardians of Students in Grades 7-8
For Parents/Guardians of Students in Grades 9-10
For Parents/Guardians of Students in Grades 11-12