Girard is a full-scholarship boarding school for academically capable students
from qualified families of limited financial resources.
Girard College’s mission is to prepare scholarship students
for advanced education and life as informed, ethical and productive citizens
through a rigorous education program that promotes intellectual, social and emotional growth.
Girard College students will be prepared to complete a bachelor’s degree
in order to maximize their ability to pursue productive careers and be engaged citizens.
Behavioral expectations for Girard students are based on Girard's Core Values:
Therefore, all students are expected to:
- Exhibit respect and courtesy towards others.
- Take responsibility for consistently striving for excellence in academics and citizenship.
- Show integrity by honoring commitments, while demonstrating honesty in all aspects of their daily lives.
- Demonstrate self-discipline by exhibiting self-control and reaching for positive personal goals.
- Be compassionate and appreciative of individual and cultural differences.