Thank you for your interest in Girard College!
We are currently accepting applications for the 2016-17 school year
Although we cannot guarantee that all applicants will earn a Girard Scholarship, we are always happy to consider strong candidates for the spaces and grade levels we have available.
The Process: How to Apply
STEP ONE: To receive an application, you would complete the online admission inquiry form or call our offices at 215-787-2621. Applications will be mailed unless otherwise specified. Please note, appointments are required if a family needs to pick up an application from our office.
Complete the application and return it to Girard with required documents
- Photocopy of child's birth certificate
- Photograph of your child
- Photocopy of custody order
The following documents may be requested at a later date and only if they pertain to your family:
- Photocopy of child's Social Security card
- Photocopy of marriage license of parents and/or divorcee decree and/or death certificate
- Letter from caseworker describing amount and types of benefits for the past year (SSI, DPA, etc.) or IRS Form Letter 1722 printout from the IRS describing tax returns for the past tax year (ONE year)
- Photocopy of child's immunization and medical records
STEP TWO: Sign the Records Release Form and take it to your child's current school
Follow through with your child's current school to make sure they send Girard a copy of your child's transcript, report card, and any evaluation reports and standardized testing. Please note: It is your responsibility to make your child's former school sends all required forms and information.
STEP THREE: When you receive it, sign the Teacher Recommendation Form and take it to your child's current teacher. (This is a confidential form that the teacher will return to Girard directly.)
ONCE DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED BY GIRARD AND REVIEWED, ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Testing: Eligible students are invited to testing sessions beginning in January. Under certain circumstances, some approved standardized tests may be substituted.
- Campus Visit: Eligible candidates for grades 2 through 8 are invited to spend a full day at Girard; eligible candidates for grade 1are invited for a half-day classroom visits.
- Interview: Eligible candidates will receive an Admission interview conducted with the parent/guardian and with the student.
Since there are many more applicants than spaces available, the school emphasizes that enrollment is not guaranteed. The Admissions committee makes final selections during the months of April & May for the upcoming September enrollment. Final decisions are based on an applicant's academic ability, personal character and all of the information gathered during the admissions process.
Summer Details: Those who are accepted will be required to come to Girard's campus in the summer for the following:
- Uniform fitting
- Enrollment Agreement
- New student orientation
* The Enrollment Management Office is open to families by appointment only. Please call our office first if you have any questions or concerns. 215-787-2621